Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sydney Arrival

Finally I am here in Sydney, and my god it's not warm.

I left the UK on May 8 and travelled to Thailand and Indonesia before arriving in Oz yesterday. I wrote up some of my experiences on the way and will post them and some pics as soon as I get organised. Bear with me.

For those of you that know him I am currently sitting in Stephen Wan's office in Macquarie Uni/CSIRO awaiting the no doubt exciting induction into the lab. I am staying on Ben and David's sofa until next week when I move into a room in a shared house just a couple of streets away, where my flatmates are apparently very keen to teach me the rules to rugby league.

I have a blind 'date' with a man called Wayne tonight in Bondi. He's a friend of a friend who has been ordered to make sure I have a good time in Oz. Ben's mum collected me from the airport yesterday, I'm being put up for a week and Stephen's letting me use his office and gave me a lift this morning. Everyone has been so kind, maybe I'll come back a nicer person!! (But don't get your hopes up.)

OK so next instalment should be more interesting - and very long.

What is bated breath exactly?

Oh and my mum and boss are not allowed to know about this blog - you have been warned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home