Thursday, May 25, 2006

unpacking - yeeha

Just when I had just finished procrastinating for the day and actually getting on with some work (it's 5.40pm here!!), I get a call from the girl I will be renting the room from telling me I can move in at the weekend and now I'm so excited I can't work any more. I'm so easy to distract. It's not that staying at Ben and David's hasn't been great, it's just that I am dying to unpack my suitcase. I've basically been wearing whatever's on top of the pile (and trying to keep the pile tidy since I've been in people's living rooms) for the past 2 weeks and it was really beginning to frustrate me. So now come the weekend, I can wander around my room naked, dance in front of the mirror or masturbate - or all 3 at once!

So I met my blind 'date' I mentioned previously on Tuesday night. We were supposed to meet in Bondi, but by the time I found the right bus stop in Macquarie to get into town it was getting too late. It was also raining, and me with no brolly or jacket I got rather soaked. So I found a pub in circular quay once I got off the bus that seemed to go through every single suburb in the city and Wayne met me there. Girls, he's rather handsome, tall which is always a bonus, paid for dinner in Darling Harbour, drove me home and lives on the beach (in a house, not actually *on* the beach), so anyone want his phone number?!! Tony, thanks for getting in contact with him for me. He reckons he learnt a lot about drinking from you so I'll have to meet up with him again when he's not on the light(-weight) beer and see if he's still up to scratch!

Last night I played squash with lots of fit men at Sydney Uni then went to the pub with them. It was the gay squash group so no unladylike antics to be reported! Well, actually I'm pretty sure my squash style is not particularly ladylike. They do different scoring here - first to 15 points and you score a point on a winning shot whether you served or not. I like it that way - I actually managed to get more than one point off Ben this way. He still thrashed me as usual but it somehow didn't feel so bad.

Haven't taken any photos here yet as I haven't really been anywhere worthy of taking a photo of yet. The city skyline is gorgeous though (seen from car) so I will endeavour to at least get some snaps of that soon. Looking at the map I've been near the opera house but haven't actually seen it yet. I'll be experiencing my first genuine Aussie barbie on Sat at Ben and David's so I'll get some photos of those guys too so you can see my marvellous hosts - and Cassie the cat too who has rather taken to me and has been sleeping with me the past few nights. See, Jen and Fiona, leave me alone in a room with a pussy for long enough and I'll eventually take to it! Or maybe I'll take it to the cat oven in Indo!

Looks like this blog does not format well on Safari on the Mac which I use at home. It took me ages to format the captions to images on the Windows machine (which I use at work) so it should look OK on IE. Just checked Firefox on the Mac and it has the same problems as Safari. Grrrrr. Bloody microsoft. Never mind I'm sure you're all bright enough to work out which captions go with which photos.

BTW, anyone texting me, you can still use my UK number for the normal fee and I'll reply using my Oz number or online via cardboardfish (will come up as UK number).

OK the procrastination stops, erm, wait a minute, I've just got to... NOW!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home