Monday, July 31, 2006

Skiing and bungy

I am now in Queenstown, New Zealand where my sis has a house. Arrived 2 days ago from a delayed flight from Sydney. Too much fuel had been put on the plane so we spent an hour flying through the stunning snow capped mountains of South Island burning up the fuel - better than sitting on the tarmac waiting for a truck to come take the fuel off which was the another (and more economical) option the captain could have taken. Thank you Cap'n

On Friday night after my flight from Cairns, I managed to catch up with some of the people in Sydney that have made my visit so enjoyable. Thanks to all - Ben, David, Stephen, Joanne, Jette, Mark, JP, Sarah Jane, Luiz, Simon, Pawel, Joan, Conrad, Nigel, Ben V, Aaron and Tracey. Yes they are in a particular order, but it's a coded order so you can figure it out for yourself! Sorry if I missed anyone, but it just means that I am too sad to be away from you to type your name.

Went skiing yesterday but it was pretty rainy and miserable so wasn't up for long - actually it worked out at $20 a run. Most expensive ski trip I've ever been on!

Was supposed to go on the bungy swing today but it has clouded over so am aiming to do it tomorrow. The bungy swing is not as vertical as the normal bungy and it significantly cheaper which is why I'm going to do it. You still travel down as far as normal bungy but there is more swinging than bouncing and I should be able to actually be aware of what is around - maybe. Still thrilling though I believe. I had fully intended to do a bungy jump in Bali the first time I went there 7 years ago, but when I went to the site it was closed. I was completely psyched up for it as well. I have since developed vertigo so god knows how I'll cope! I'll let you know.

Sorry there have been no pictures recently but it takes a while to upload them and I haven't had a decent internet connection for a while. I'll try and do some before I leave New Zealand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kinho Pizzato said...

Awesome! You know that an independent Kiwi research has shown that if you have back problems bungy jumping is more effective than chiropractic.

Let us know of you experience there, next time I'm in NZ I'll jump for sure!

By now, I'm just wondering what the coding is about? Is it pool ranking?

July 31, 2006 4:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home